Henderson Scott operates in a global market and the success of our business is dependent on our people. We want to build teams that are as diverse as the customers and communities we serve and create an environment where all our people can thrive. We want to ensure that being successful at Henderson Scott is purely down to talent, personal values and effort. Our belief is that diverse perspectives and different ways of thinking help us anticipate and meet market needs in new ways. This diversity of thought allows us to look at problems differently and helps make us more innovative and a stronger partner for our customers.
At Henderson Scott, diversity is ensuring that we have employees with different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Inclusion is fostering a workplace culture where everyone has a ‘voice’ at the table, where everyone’s opinion and views are heard and respected.
Diversity and inclusion go hand in hand – without an inclusive workplace culture, diversity amongst employees is not going to have impact on our business.
The purpose of this policy is to provide equal opportunities to all in employment, irrespective of their gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, beliefs, marital status, social class and race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This policy covers all Henderson Scott employees, regardless of position or status, and to contractors and subcontractors.
- To build teams that are as diverse as the customers and communities we serve and create an environment where all our people can thrive.
- To ensure that being successful at Henderson Scott is purely down to talent, personal values and effort, consistent with our value of being Human: fair, firm and inclusive.
- To celebrate difference and value individual’s visible and non-visible differences.
- To create an environment and culture where employees have the support to make decisions, find solutions, take risks and learn.
- To ensure all employees feel valued, engaged and respected.
- To recognise and invest in the value that a diverse workforce can bring.
- Challenge and investigate discriminatory behaviour and enforce the disciplinary procedure, when this is considered necessary.
- To proactively address any inappropriate behaviours including taking formal disciplinary action.
- The policy is full supported by senior management.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
We are committed to a positive policy of promoting equality of opportunity, providing an inclusive workplace and eliminating any unfair or unlawful discrimination.
This applies to all employment policies and practices including those relating to:
- Recruitment and selection;
- Terms and conditions of employment;
- Working environment;
- Training and development;
- Promotion and career progression;
- Flexible working;
- Pay awards;
- Grievance and harassment;
- Redundancy and re-deployment;
We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to ensure this policy is applied in all areas of our business.
We will regularly collect, monitor and analyse diversity data on gender of employees and job applicants to make sure our employment processes are fair and achieving the aims of this policy. We also monitor pay in regards to gender and ask D&I questions within our annual engagement survey. It’s important for us to expand our focus on D&I, therefore we will continue to look at our current systems and processes to see if we can collect other diversity data which will help us make progress.
All the information we collect will be held in the strictest confidence and will only be used to illustrate and promote equality, diversity and inclusion and prevent unlawful discrimination.